The Department at a Glance
USC Department of Psychology at a Glance
The USC Department of Psychology offered a bachelor’s program in clinical psychology from 1998 to 2009. In 2008-2009 academic year, it launched a master’s program in family therapy after obtaining the required permits from the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. Finally, it was given the green light to admit students of clinical psychology at Ph.D. level in 2012-2013. At present, it offers academic programs at bachelor, master and Ph.D. levels. Its graduates are successful. They have managed to continue their studies or teach in prestigious universities of Iran.
Graduates of clinical psychology and family therapy will have the opportunity to improve the mental health of society.
Psychology is the science that describes, explains and controls the behaviors and mental processes of human as a physical, mental, social and spiritual creature by experimental, rational and religious resources and methods.
Graduates’ Career Prospects
After obtaining the required qualifications (800 hours of on-the-job-training in officially licensed centers, recommendation letter from clinical psychology professors, etc.) and receiving the license to practice clinical psychology from the Psychology and Counseling Organization of Iran, a clinical psychologists is able to
- Open a counseling clinic.
- Work as an expert in governmental organizations such as State Welfare Organization of Iran, Municipality, Police Force, State Prisons and Security and Corrective Measures Organization, Correction and Rehabilitation Center, etc.
- Teach in small branches of Islamic Azad University or institutes of higher education.
- Get employed in the Ministry of General Education as elementary, guidance or high school teachers or counsellors.
- Open a kindergarten after obtaining the required permits from State Welfare Organization of Iran.
- Open a retirement home after obtaining the required permits from State Welfare Organization of Iran.
- Work as a psychologist in drug rehabilitation centers.
- Work in counseling clinics.
- Cooperate with psychologists who have private counseling clinics (psychologists are eager to cooperate with master graduates of clinical psychology and family therapy).
- Practice therapy such as play therapy in counseling and therapy clinics. These clinics are eager to cooperate with master graduates of child and adolescent clinical psychology. It is worth mentioning that bachelor graduates of clinical psychology also have the opportunity to get a job in counseling and therapy clinics.
|No.||Full Name||Bachelor’s Degree||Master’s Degree||Doctorate||Position|
|1||Alireza Mahdavian||Clinical Psychology||Educational Psychology||Educational Psychology||Head of Department|
|2||Ali Akbar Soleimani||Clinical Psychology||General Psychology||Clinical Psychology||Member of Department Council|
|3||Ali Soleimani||General Psychology||General Psychology||Ph.D. Student of Psychology||Member of Department Council|
|4||Foroogh Esrafilian||Clinical Psychology||Psychology||Ph.D. Student of Psychology||Member of Department Council|
|5||Emad Ashrafi||--||--||Ph.D. Student of Psychology||Member of Department Council|
|6||Mohammad Solgi||Educational Psychology||Educational Psychology||Psychology||Member of Department Council|
The following also cooperate with the department as visiting professors:
- Dr. Ali Fathi Ashtiani, professor from Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Rasool Roshan, associate professor from Shahed University
- Dr. Khodabakhsh Ahmadi Nodeh, associate professor from Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Seyyed Abbas Tavallaei Zavareh, associate professor from Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Javad Hosseinzadeh, assistant professor from the University of Science and Culture
- Dr. Fereshteh Mootabi, associate professor from University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Dr. Alireza Shaeiri, associate professor from Shahed University
- Dr. Hossein Dabbaghi, assistant professor from Aja University of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Alireza Pirkhaefi, assiatant professor from Islamic Azad University
- Dr. Anahita Khodabakhshi Koolaei, assistant professor from University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Dr. Hamid Yaghoobi, associate professor from Shahed University
- Dr. Faramarz Sohrabi, associate professor from Allameh Tabatabaei University
- Dr. Esmaeil Shahsavand, associate professor from Tehran University of Medical Sciences